Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting Guideadmin
|Humming Noise (intermittent)||Ripple Control||Call your electricity provider to determine if you have ripple control in your area.|
Your provider will supply you with a ripple control filter free of charge.
|Ticking Noise||1. Blade & Mounting bracket screws loose.|
2. Canopy screws loose.
3. Mounting bracket not securely anchored to a solid joist or beam.
|1. Tighten blade and mounting bracket screws.|
2. Tighten canopy screws.
3. Tighten bracket mounting screws.
|Fan Wobbles||Unbalanced blades||Use supplied balancing kit to balance out each blade. Take time to BALANCE the fan.|
This procedure removes up to 99% of unwanted noises originating from the top canopy and hanging ball.
|Fan Rattles||Loose bottom plate||Tighten bottom plate on fan|
|Fan not operating using wall control||Quick connect plugs not connected properly||Disconnect and reconnect plugs ensuring they are making good contact.|
|Fan not operating using remote||1. Battery may be dead.|
2. Dip switches on remote and receiver do not match.
3. Quick connect plugs not connected properly between mounting bracket and receiver or between receiver and fan.
|1. Replace with new battery|
2. Check dip switches are set to the same setting on both remote and receiver
3. Disconnect and reconnect plugs ensuring they are making good contact.
|Indicator on DC remote is not |
|Check the battery||Battery may be installed backwards or may need replacing.|
|DC Fan not operating with remote||Remote is not properly paired with fan||Follow pairing procedure in the instruction manual.|
|Fan does not rotate after pairing and/or receiver continually beeps||Quick connect plugs not connected properly |
between mounting bracket and receiver or
between receiver and fan.
|Disconnect and reconnect plugs ensuring they are making good contact.|
Perform pairing procedure again.